Dissecting my run to find my #%?! UP!

Reflux still design and discussion

Re: Dissecting my run to find my #%?! UP!

Postby LikkerSheWillLoveIt » Tue May 04, 2021 6:19 am

Not at all. I do have copper in the still, the condenser is copper. I’ve done lots of reading and getting sulphides in washes like a TPW or a WBAB are very very very very slim, all of the reading I have done, outside of forums (and I don’t use “anti” social media so no bookface) have been scientific papers, most of the talk regarding sulphides is regarding making Brandy. I am going to ready more into it.
LikkerSheWillLoveIt

equipment: Home made 50L keg boiler. PID controlled. Stainless Column dual valved reflux still.

Re: Dissecting my run to find my #%?! UP!

Postby Sam. » Tue May 04, 2021 10:59 am

LikkerSheWillLoveIt wrote:Not at all. I do have copper in the still, the condenser is copper. I’ve done lots of reading and getting sulphides in washes like a TPW or a WBAB are very very very very slim, all of the reading I have done, outside of forums (and I don’t use “anti” social media so no bookface) have been scientific papers, most of the talk regarding sulphides is regarding making Brandy. I am going to ready more into it.

Run any wash through a still with no copper and you will get hydrogen sulphide (rotten egg), I know this from experience, it will air out but it isn't a pleasant smell.
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Previous

Return to Reflux Stills