3" single plate bok build

Reflux still design and discussion

3" single plate bok build

Postby MR-E » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:46 pm

Hey guy's
I have built a 1.5m x 3" Bok & thought I would share some pic's, she's had a water/vinegar run & a alco/test run.
I post pic's over the next few days as I'm not sure how many pic's I'm allowed to put on one post.
Enjoy :handgestures-thumbupleft:

ImageImage
Made a disc/plate & hard soldered a 1" tee in.
ImageImage

Hard soldered the pate in flush with the take off hole, plate will hold 60ml of liquid before returning through the tee.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Condenser is 1" cold finger, hard soldered to a 3" cap & 3/8" coil hard soldered to the cold finger.

I'll post some more pic's tomorrow.

Cheers :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MR-E

equipment: Cooking on gas,50ltr keg, 3"Bok &
4" column with 6 perf plates

Re: 3" single plate bok build

Postby Panda » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:48 pm

Nice. Looking forward to some more pics
Panda

equipment: T500 & CM with pot head.

Postby punchy21 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:57 pm

Looking good mate :handgestures-thumbupleft: Bring on the pics...
punchy21

equipment: Modular 4" 4 plate Bubbler
6kW 50L Boiler

Postby stilly_bugger » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:48 am

MR-E, any chance of you posting some results, impressions, regrets, things you'd change, etc?
stilly_bugger

equipment: simple pot with worm on an electric boiler.

Postby MR-E » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:04 am

stilly_bugger wrote:MR-E, any chance of you posting some results, impressions, regrets, things you'd change, etc?

I will try & post more pics tonight, its pretty much the same as the charity build, without the S/S bling & as you can see
in the pics I put the plate inside the condenser head instead of the cup, that would be the only thing I would/did change.
No regrets, build was fairly easy, a couple of hours after work each night for 1 week.
On the alc cleaning run I was having dramas with the condenser, little puffs of vapour coming out the safety vent hole,
but was an easy fix, I had the water going in the cold finger & out the coil, swapped the hoses over & problem solved.
Only full run I have done was a stripping run on TPW, no packing & valve wide open, collecting @ 4.5ltrs an hr
I have to do a few more stripping runs before I can do a reflux run & see what it can do.
I'm running on gas with a three ring burner & I'm only using the two middle ones on full at the moment, on the next stripping
run I'll try throwing some more heat at it & see if the condenser will cope.
L/M boks are easy to run once you learn how they work, just slower than a plated still.

MR-E

Postby JayD » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:05 am

MR-E wrote:
stilly_bugger wrote:MR-E, any chance of you posting some results, impressions, regrets, things you'd change, etc?

I will try & post more pics tonight, its pretty much the same as the charity build, without the S/S bling & as you can see
in the pics I put the plate inside the condenser head instead of the cup, that would be the only thing I would/did change.
No regrets, build was fairly easy, a couple of hours after work each night for 1 week.
On the alc cleaning run I was having dramas with the condenser, little puffs of vapour coming out the safety vent hole,
but was an easy fix, I had the water going in the cold finger & out the coil, swapped the hoses over & problem solved.
Only full run I have done was a stripping run on TPW, no packing & valve wide open, collecting @ 4.5ltrs an hr
I have to do a few more stripping runs before I can do a reflux run & see what it can do.
I'm running on gas with a three ring burner & I'm only using the two middle ones on full at the moment, on the next stripping
run I'll try throwing some more heat at it & see if the condenser will cope.
L/M boks are easy to run once you learn how they work, just slower than a plated still.

Good looking build so far... :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I know finding the time to do things is not easy sometimes Mr E having said this have you any more info on how it runs when your serious? some more pictures would be great aswell.
JayD

equipment: JayD's Copper Worx

Postby MR-E » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:52 pm

:oops: Sorry about that I got a bit side tracked with an other build, here's some pics

ImageImage
Thermo well soldered in the 3" coupler & test fitted to the condenser head.

take off tube & Final output condenser for cooling the product for accurate alc% readings during a run.
Liebig is 3/4" over 3/8"

That's all I can find, one of the tech crew fucked all my links :angry-banghead:
I'll have sort the mess out :angry-banghead:

MR-E

Postby JayD » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:03 am

l would like to say thanx Mr-E as this build inspired me to build a 2" to 2 1/2" boka single plate as a practice run before l build my 4"...buggar ups included :crying-blue: , buggar up No1 l forgot to include the tee above the plate... :think: so l start thhinking to myself how can l sort this out with out ripping it apart :think: so l soldered a circular plate the to the bottom of the coldfinger making sure it was wider than the the throat of the boka then l rolled the edge down for flow...here is a link for your convenience so you can have a peek at the almost finnished still, l say almost as l need to make a waterjacket for the output... thanx again Mr-E
JayD

equipment: JayD's Copper Worx

Return to Reflux Stills