addicted to copper ( 3" VM head )

Reflux still design and discussion

addicted to copper ( 3" VM head )

Postby stubbydrainer » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:19 pm

This fucking hobby just won't leave things be as they are :angry-banghead: , the build bug just won't let my list of projects get shorter and I have a desire to build a 3" VM head that will interchange with mine & SBB 3" x 1.5m boka column,( there is a tri clamp joint at the top of the column ) so it would be only necessary to build the VM head, I am thinking of using the triple wall liebig (most probably verticle ) off my stripping pot , it's a massive over kill, but I wont have to make another condenser ( The world is going Modular after all :laughing-rolling: )
After looking at a variety of designs I can't make my mind up which one to go for :? And not knowing a good VM from a bad VM :shock: , I thought I would ask the question here to see what you'se reckon, after all collectively speaking you lot are pretty much on the ball in regard to such things

So, which one ??

cheers
stubbydrainer

equipment: 4" perf. plate bubbler,2 1/2" pot with a triple wall liebig,
Small 8L pot for experiments & Gin, 6Kw 80ltr electric boiler , P.I.D/PWM controller
1/2 share with SBB in a 3" boka,

Re: addicted to copper ( 3" VM head )

Postby R-sole » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:36 am

I'll have a 3" vm for sale when i get my new still. Has a triclamp head and a 1" ss gate valve on a 45 deg with aa 8-900mm liebig..

3inchvmoperating1.jpg

MayNotBePrettyEnoughForYouThoughPunkin :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
R-sole

equipment: Keg based pot stiller. 3" vm for occasionally making product for macerations and redistillation.

Return to Reflux Stills