I like to see whats going on.... so we came up with this

Reflux still design and discussion

I like to see whats going on.... so we came up with this

Postby hicup » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:28 pm

Just completed a build of a 2 inch column and made a few changes to the overall design... most noticabley we decided to use a Fowlers preserving jar for the condenser jacket... punched a couple of holes in the top for the 1/4 water lines and hey presto... it works like a beaut... cool to see all of the tastey stuff screaming around the copper...
I will take some more pics of some of the other bits and bobs we did soon... maybe even some video of the liquid forming on the copper.. no it dosn't fog up either
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hicup

equipment: 50 litre keg powered by 2200w element output through a 50mm pot head with internal double wound 6.4mm condenser.
Maybe the worlds first glass jar condensered 2 inch bokka hybrid at 1200 mm packed height quadruple wound condenser complete with quick release output line.

Re: I like to see whats going on.... so we came up with this

Postby Kimbo » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:32 pm

Love it mate, cant wait to see some more pics :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby emptyglass » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:35 pm

It should only fog close to tails.

Pretty cool, but maybe wrap some contact or sticky tape around it, in case the unforseable happens.
emptyglass

Postby hicup » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:42 pm

It is secured with four of the oricinal clips from the fowlers jars and the only way to get the jar off is to swing the clips down to release the oring wich stays out of the alc path as it is on the outside of the jar and above the height of the collection pool.. as seen in the pic there is a secondary ring holding the clips to the jar face as well... I reckon the only way it will break is when I hit the missus over the head with it, but I get your point, glass is hard to see in clear spirits.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hicup

equipment: 50 litre keg powered by 2200w element output through a 50mm pot head with internal double wound 6.4mm condenser.
Maybe the worlds first glass jar condensered 2 inch bokka hybrid at 1200 mm packed height quadruple wound condenser complete with quick release output line.

Return to Reflux Stills