My 2 1/2" Boka Build

Reflux still design and discussion

My 2 1/2" Boka Build

Postby navarau » Mon May 26, 2014 3:55 pm

Well I have finally started my build on my 2 1/2" boka still.

My still is based on a 1.7m long piece of stailess steel tube I had lying around.

The first thing I did was enlarge the Boka template to suit my tube size and taped it onto the tube. Then I cut along the lines.

I then cut out the plates out of stainless plate but left a large tab so I could hold it in place whilst welding.

There is more to come!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
navarau

equipment: Nothing

Re: My 2 1/2" Boka Build

Postby APR » Mon May 26, 2014 6:55 pm

navarau wrote:Well I have finally started my build on my 2 1/2" boka still.

My still is based on a 1.7m long piece of stailess steel tube I had lying around.

The first thing I did was enlarge the Boka template to suit my tube size and taped it onto the tube. Then I cut along the lines.

I then cut out the plates out of stainless plate but left a large tab so I could hold it in place whilst welding.

There is more to come!

G'Day navarau, you have made a good start!. Will you be doing the welding yourself, and if so, what welding process will you use?
APR

equipment: A couple of 2" boka stills with a few different concepts implemented in them.

Postby navarau » Mon May 26, 2014 6:57 pm

Weling is done but after close inspection and pressure testing I have a couple pin holes through the weld to fix.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
navarau

equipment: Nothing

Postby 1 2many » Mon May 26, 2014 7:04 pm

It's coming along real nice mate, but do fix the leaks, looks as though you have the polishing sorted :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Return to Reflux Stills