Condenser controlled VM reflux

Reflux still design and discussion

Condenser controlled VM reflux

Postby bang300 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:27 am

Condenser Controlled Vapor Management...cheapest, easiest to build, easiest to run and very fast...
Movable Reflux Condenser II.png

Copper or SS triclamp,all the same, their is no valve to buy.

Moving the condenser below the takeoff will cause 100% reflux, above the takeoff 1:1 reflux or anywhere in between.
3 positions.jpg

The only thing entry level about it is the height of your column and the type of packing you use.

The reflux coil has a slight interference fit to the column so that it holds itself in place. Or put a little scrubbie/SS Wool around it to make it fit tighter.
SS Coil reduced.jpg

Set r.jpg

I've built this in 2", 3" and 4". The 2" will take an 10% wash and make azeo at 2 liters an hour on ~2,500 watts, 3"- 5 liters an hour on ~3,500watts and I have run the 4" but I don't yet have enough power to maximize it.

I use SS SPP at 30" height, but have used SS Scrubbies packed tightly in a 3" x 36" and it made azeo at ~4 liters per hour.

Straight pipe, a "T" and an elbow to Product Condenser. Make the takeoff the same size as column, keep the horizontal off takeoff as short as possible and have vapor directed down before any reduction on pipe diameter. This will maximize the possible variations in reflux:takeoff ratios you can adjust. This gives you 100% reflux to 50% reflux or anything in between...
full rig r.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bang300

equipment: Condenser Controlled VM

Return to Reflux Stills