budget boka

Reflux still design and discussion

Re: budget boka

Postby WalterWhite » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:33 pm

$3.36 per 1000L here .... Still cheap enough :handgestures-thumbupleft:
WalterWhite

equipment: 35L Digiboil with power control, 2” copper pot combo with optional extended column.

Postby Mad » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:16 pm

Oh dw it wasnt that that really surprised her. It was realising how many times ive left the hose on watering the yard over night or for days cuz i forgot to turn it off lol.
Mad

equipment: SS Super Reflux(retired), 3600w keg boiler, 3" stainless boka with 4 Barrel shotty

Postby Mad » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:48 pm

Undertaker wrote:Hey MAD,
What purpose does the ss Tee on the bottom of your PC serve, (before the parrot)?

Cheers Phil

sorry mate missed your question. it's my variation of a breather tube for the parrot to remove possibility of airlock. most people just tag a little 1/4" on diagonal. I didn't have enough pipe by the end of it and that's what I came up with :) works quite well and is a bit different lol.
Mad

equipment: SS Super Reflux(retired), 3600w keg boiler, 3" stainless boka with 4 Barrel shotty

Postby Mad » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:15 pm

I've run this bad boy again. stripping 3x 50ltr tpw and running a spirit run of 39ltrs @40% lw. I had an absolutely great experience. after I repacked the column properly for the spirit run i managed to hold full reflux for about 40minutes before I got too anxious and cracked open the tap to take fores. it held at 95% for about 10-12ltrs I was taking off around 5l/ph and it was smooth as from start to finish. Glad I had a better experience than my first time I knew they were just teething issues last time but it never feels great when it doesn't perform as you expect - but that's what learning is about. Now I'm happy with how to run it and what it's able to do I'm planning on a it of a mod to throw a pot head on with my shotty and I've already got some molases to mix up my first mac rum :)

my final result after airing and diluting was 32ltrs @40% i stopped collecting at around 92-93% when I could smell tails kicking in ended with approx 13-14ltrs from the actual run
Mad

Postby WTDist » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:28 pm

Nice. should last you a while :handgestures-thumbupleft:
WTDist

equipment: Building a 4" bubbler with 8" glass thumper

Postby Mad » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:41 pm

lol yeah. i wanted to do another run so I could crack the 95 so i figured I would max out my storage lol and get me set up for the xmas break, I've never experimented too much with essences just found what i liked and stuck to it so time to make some liqueres n things out of this batch. get a bit of variety for the holidays not to mention a good supply of the essence rum i enjoy before moving to the real stuff :)
Mad

Previous

Return to Reflux Stills