Mould in my T500 boiler

Reflux still design and discussion

Mould in my T500 boiler

Postby Doubleuj » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:41 pm

Just got back for the weekend after being away for a month or more and had a look in the boiler of my t500 and there is what looks like mould growing!! Tipped what I had of vinegar in there straight away but not sure how to clean it? Thinking a good vinegar run might work or I have a heap of tow feints stored up but was going to use those for the cleaning run on my bubbler when it's done.
Any suggestions on cleaning the mould? Am going back to work on Sunday so don't have long at home.
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Re: Mould in my T500 boiler

Postby 1 2many » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:52 pm

Doubleuj wrote:Just got back for the weekend after being away for a month or more and had a look in the boiler of my t500 and there is what looks like mould growing!! Tipped what I had of vinegar in there straight away but not sure how to clean it? Thinking a good vinegar run might work or I have a heap of tow feints stored up but was going to use those for the cleaning run on my bubbler when it's done.
Any suggestions on cleaning the mould? Am going back to work on Sunday so don't have long at home.

I am not too sure mate I haven't had the problem this may help.

But a good scrub and sterilize will do the trick.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7272
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby bluc » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:17 pm

I would clean with washing up liquid give it a soak overnight in diluted bleach( from memory I think its one to 3 but check before you use it) then vinegar run next day just to be sure, vinegar run because would be a good chance to clean your condenser :handgestures-thumbupleft:
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby rumdidlydum » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:29 pm

I've had it. Just give it a good wash out with detergent and a good rinse. Done :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Next run after you clean it leave the lid off to dry then put it back on. :dance:
rumdidlydum

equipment: The infamous Illuminated chicken leg boiler, Rum glass and other bits and bobs

Postby Doubleuj » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:02 pm

Thanks, I'll give it a good clean tomorrow and see what happens. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Return to Reflux Stills