My 1st Boka build err lil help guys...

Reflux still design and discussion

Re: My 1st Boka build err lil help guys...

Postby Wraith71 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:52 pm

Wraith71 wrote:Break out the grinder and gave it a chop top .. chuck in a few stainless bits and a heat proof gasket .. on went the long awaited drain valve .. and now we're cookin.

Oh and I chopped a 9in hole in one and a 7 1/2 in hole in the other and swapped the tops over giving a safe lee-way to fill with a gasket. Now the other acts as a fermenter. :-B simples .
Wraith71

Location: West of Sydney , East of Katoomba .. Hopin a big friggin dam dont break.
equipment: Boka reflux tall tower , home made full copper pot still (gas powered).. FINALLY 80ltr boiler 6000w with 6 plate 4in bubbler :)

Postby scythe » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:42 pm

Keep it for stripping runs.
Bokas are good for neutral but are quite slow.
scythe

equipment: Dreaming of a 4" bubbler

Postby Wraith71 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:58 pm

scythe wrote:Keep it for stripping runs.
Bokas are good for neutral but are quite slow.

yup I totally agree ive had mine plugging away for 5ish hrs to produce 4 1/2 ltrs .. but have to admit zero smell and 87% 1st run .. so really cant complain. So high quality but slow as .. I miss my gas burner! :crying-blue:
Wraith71

Location: West of Sydney , East of Katoomba .. Hopin a big friggin dam dont break.
equipment: Boka reflux tall tower , home made full copper pot still (gas powered).. FINALLY 80ltr boiler 6000w with 6 plate 4in bubbler :)

Previous

Return to Reflux Stills