Facebook Groups

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: Facebook Groups

Postby brisvalleymoonshiner » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:03 am

RuddyCrazy wrote:Just noticed on one of the threads they are promoting the use of red gum for aging, when I said go ahead and drink the toxins in the wood copped a week ban for the post :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Wastebook jail. :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: Some of them are genuinely trying, some think they wrote the book on distilling. They do have some good builders on there.
brisvalleymoonshiner

equipment: Copper 4 plate 800mm packed section 50ltr keg boiler

Postby RuddyCrazy » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:14 am

brisvalleymoonshiner wrote:

They do have some good builders on there.

LOL take a real close look at some of them and they have brass fittings on them, now lets put some their so-called top still pic's up against a 5 Star still and one will soon notice which one is crap and the other a top still.
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby The Stig » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:19 am

Most of the builders buy the ferrules and clamps from 5 Star :laughing-rolling:
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby brisvalleymoonshiner » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:48 am

RuddyCrazy wrote:
brisvalleymoonshiner wrote:

They do have some good builders on there.

LOL take a real close look at some of them and they have brass fittings on them, now lets put some their so-called top still pic's up against a 5 Star still and one will soon notice which one is crap and the other a top still.

Fair point but they must be good. It's Wastebook and insta worthy :laughing-rolling: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
brisvalleymoonshiner

equipment: Copper 4 plate 800mm packed section 50ltr keg boiler

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:59 pm

Having a great argument with a wanker on that FB about using redgum for aging, a few years ago I gave a mate 2 samples of my CFW one was aged with redgum and the other French oak. The results came back the redgum was toxic and should not be ingested and the French Oak one didn't come back as the lab crew loved the taste of it :laughing-rolling:
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby Amberale » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:08 pm

RuddyCrazy wrote:Having a great argument with a wanker on that FB about using redgum for aging, a few years ago I gave a mate 2 samples of my CFW one was aged with redgum and the other French oak. The results came back the redgum was toxic and should not be ingested and the French Oak one didn't come back as the lab crew loved the taste of it :laughing-rolling:

Not disagreeing with you at all mate but it is interesting that red gum is a favourite fuel source with the low and slow BBQ crowd.
Burning it can’t make the toxins any better surely?
I know that I have always read that it tastes crap and is not good for you in spirits.
I don’t think I have ever heard of any native Aussie timbers being used for barrel for any sort of storage.
Amberale

equipment: 5* Neutraliser.

Postby The Stig » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:32 pm

RuddyCrazy wrote:Having a great argument with a wanker on that FB about using redgum for aging, a few years ago I gave a mate 2 samples of my CFW one was aged with redgum and the other French oak. The results came back the redgum was toxic and should not be ingested and the French Oak one didn't come back as the lab crew loved the taste of it :laughing-rolling:

Seen that :angry-banghead:
The Stig
Site Nerd

Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:41 pm

The Stig wrote:

Seen that :angry-banghead:

Now don't tell me you used redgum to age Stig :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby The Stig » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:20 pm

Apparently it’s all the rage , just try that Gin and let me know how you feel :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Only joking.
NO FUCKING WAY
The Stig
Site Nerd

Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:25 pm

The Stig wrote: just try that Gin and let me know how you feel :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

I did have a dram of that gin today and :puke-huge: I had to wash my mouth out with some manzano brandy :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Now this is way of topic but Stig crush up 50g of that licorice root, get one star of anise and one stick of cinnamon, steep that in 40% for a week then pot sill it and tell me what you think. Better than gin anyday and it's an ozzie version of ouzo :teasing-tease:

Cheers Bryan

note: Stig there planty more of that licorice root I gotta pull it outa the ground and man it's fun
Last edited by RuddyCrazy on Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby The Stig » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:16 pm

Fucking Facebook retards
The Stig
Site Nerd

Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby Wellsy » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:26 pm

Lol
Be careful guys or you will attract some of those educated types across to our forum
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby The Stig » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:27 pm

Fantastic , we can then educate them the correct way
The Stig
Site Nerd

Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby Wellsy » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:29 pm

Stig
Did you never have a kid in your class at school that just refused to learn.

Might be better not to poke the bear
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby The Stig » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:43 pm

Wellsy wrote:Stig
Did you never have a kid in your class at school that just refused to learn

Yea , usually me :teasing-neener:
The Stig
Site Nerd

Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby Wellsy » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:32 am

I guess that is my que to stop this conversation :laughing-rolling:
Wellsy

Postby The Stig » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:12 am

The other thing that really, really gets up my nose is the wrongful use of the word there/their
It’s addicting English for bibbles sake
The Stig
Site Nerd

Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby wynnum1 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:25 am

English is just a fucked up language why have so many words spoken the same and with different spelling and meaning and if a word is in common use then it does change the meaning and spelling..
What about the new wank words they keep inventing each year that have never heard or used and claim as a new word of the year.
wynnum1

Postby hgwells » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:59 am

The Stig wrote:The other thing that really, really gets up my nose is the wrongful use of the word there/their
It’s addicting English for bibbles sake

You really shouldn’t get to concerned weather there using the wright words. :))
hgwells
Site Donor

equipment: FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
60L Milkcan Boiler
100L 5 Star Boiler
3x 2400 Elements
1x 3600 Element
Turbo-500

Postby Wellsy » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:03 pm

You just have two get over it Stig.

Itz not there fault they were learned wrong after all. Itz more hour problem that we are so anal about the little things
Wellsy

PreviousNext

Return to The Dunder Pit