All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: Facebook Groups

Postby Amberale » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:22 pm

wynnum1 wrote:
RuddyCrazy wrote:Gotta say Stig that is a classic

Just love the last comment

Fuck it.
Your heating element is a giant resistor. Active and neutral connect to the element and earth connects to the housing.
I’m telling you how it works. But I can’t provide certification to use it.
DON’T DIY.

If they are in the U.S. could connect active to active but they seem to have more relaxed laws to electricity.

Harder to kill yourself with 110v.
Not impossible but harder.
One of the main reasons they keep it that way I reckon.
It’s also why they don’t have electric kettles, take too long to boil.
Amberale

equipment: 5* Neutraliser.

Postby The Stig » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:32 pm

Apparently using a turbo boiler as a fermenter and fit this tube of charcoal in the lid.
Massive fail
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby Sam. » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:51 am

What? :think:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby The Stig » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:00 pm

And for tonight’s entertainment , this appeared
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Stig
Site Nerd

Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby Amberale » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:09 pm

The last bit of advice is the best.
RUN!
Amberale

equipment: 5* Neutraliser.

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:08 pm

Proofing down your spirits, how do you do it?
Just chuck the water in (calculated the qty prior)
Or do you, add a little each day. Until you get the desired ABV.
How fast do you dilute your spirits?
22 Answers
Comments
Mark Grainger
I think a lot of people over analyse things like this... it's not rocket science

· 53m

Tom Obrien
I use HoochWare app works a treat never had a drama with it I add all my water in 24 hour period

· 9m

Bry Cunning
remember the maths you learnt in school or has the turbo crap mudded your brains. Ok let say you have 90% you want to get to 40% well 40 goes into 90 with 10 left over so simply work it out and be correct everytime. Now just think if the net went down and you couldn't use an app would you all turn into zombies

· 1m

Bry Cunning
and when decanting down just do it and anyone that states you need to leave it doesn't know what they are talking about

I just love stirring the crap out of those wankers :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby The Stig » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:11 am

Fancy that , adding acids to an already low PH makes it drop even lower :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :violence-smack:
The Stig
Site Nerd

Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby Tesla101 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:27 am

Lol. I love bicarb of soda on my weet bix in the morning. Makes them all fizzy :teasing-tease:
Tesla101

equipment: ......

Postby The Stig » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:12 am

A guy was asked why he had a wet towel wrapped around his glass collection Demi
Turns out his distillate is coming off at 50 to 60 deg
And he says that’s normal :angry-banghead:
The Stig
Site Nerd

Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby scythe » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:29 am

Well it probably is normal for him.
Does not make it correct.
Its easy to think your doing ok if you don't know how its done right in the first place.
scythe

equipment: Dreaming of a 4" bubbler

Postby Wellsy » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:48 am

I have said it before and I will say it again.

A huge thank you to all you experienced guys and gals so willing to share your hard earned experience.

Many of us newbie have avoided expensive and dangerous mistakes thanks to the knowledge you all so readily share. As was just said if it has happened every time like that you can understand why the guy thought it was normal and was completely oblivious to the danger of what he was doing.

Keep up the good work guys and thanks always
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:21 pm

For a good laugh I did a write up about distilling properly on that FB group, so far 100% positive but soon the turbo group will come out inforce.

But eh I love stirring the pot :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby Wellsy » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:24 pm

I think some of those groups make more sense if you smoke the pot instead of stirring it mate
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby bluc » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:31 pm

:laughing-rolling:
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:50 pm

Wellsy wrote:I think some of those groups make more sense if you smoke the pot instead of stirring it mate

Typical comment from a Collingwood supporter :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

but honestly sofar the comments have been positive afterall if your talking sense people listen now where they take it onboard or rebuke it's up to them. :handgestures-thumbupleft: But I am looking forward to the turbo fans so I can give this forum a good laugh :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

I did notice one of the builders there ripped off a design from another builder on that fb site and I gotta say if you start with a crap still copying it still makes it a crap still :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby Wellsy » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:20 pm

Life is a bit like a shit sandwich mate,
The more bread you have the less shit you have to eat :laughing-rolling:
Wellsy

Postby The Stig » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:29 pm

There’s always one person there that’s wants to argue, he’s the one who advocated collecting at 50 deg C as normal, the guys a danger
And yea, the multi still is just flawed but his fanboys just keep praising everything he does to the point of tell me I didn’t have a clue what I was talking about.
Even in another page the temp thing came up and his flawed design was again defended
The Stig
Site Nerd

Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby wynnum1 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:29 pm

Wellsy wrote:Life is a bit like a shit sandwich mate,
The more bread you have the less shit you have to eat :laughing-rolling:

Problem is it takes longer to eat with all that bread.
wynnum1

Postby B-Man » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:37 pm

RuddyCrazy wrote:For a good laugh I did a write up about distilling properly on that FB group, so far 100% positive but soon the turbo group will come out inforce.

But eh I love stirring the pot :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

I think I know the post your talking about. I was only thinking when I read it yesterday, finally someone's starting talking some decent sense.
sadly I find that group better than a few of the others!
I find that you cant change someone's opinions because they actually believe they are doing it right and others just are too dumb to see the sense.
I post on there every now and again when I feel like what they are doing is dangerous other than that I leave them to it.
get on the t500 pages where they seem to love the turbo and want to add a sight glass and bubble plates to their t500 column :scared-eek: they end up having $1000 upgraded T500 thinking its the best thing out.
Missus bought a T500 for us but after a a few uses I realised this needed to be thrown out and build something decent.
Last edited by B-Man on Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B-Man

equipment: keg 4" Bubbler

Postby The Stig » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:14 pm

I’m going to stop reading and posting on most of them, I’m just over the politics of them all
The Stig
Site Nerd

Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

PreviousNext

Return to The Dunder Pit