The Cocktail Stop

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: The Cocktail Stop

Postby Sam Smythe » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:55 pm

Had a look mate, hmmm. Clam juice in a cocktail?? OK, I'm stupid, I might give it a crack. I looked the recipe up on line. It uses Clamato.Never heard of Clamato though. Apparently it is a mixture of tomato juice, clam juice and several sauces and spices. It's doable, but gunna have to make my own. I have seen a recipe for that too. I will have to visit the tackle shop to buy some pippies. I'm pretty sure that although the shellfish they sell are bait, they are still frozen when pretty fresh.
At least if I die from this one, it won't be through suffocation from the emphysema lol.
Gotta say though mate, this one is not high on the priority list, but it is on board.
Why do I have a feeling that this will come in at No. 114 on my list of 23 cocktails with a rating on the 0 - 10 scale of minus 50?? :scared-eek:
Last edited by Sam Smythe on Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sam Smythe

equipment: AirStill

Postby Wellsy » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:03 am

It tastes surprisingly nice, it can come with some cooked bacon in it as a garnish or a stick of celery, it also has a ring of celery salt around the edge of the glass. Like you however it is not high on my list of drinks to have.

I will usually have one on each visit but that is only because it reminds me I am in Canada, just in case the minus degrees outside are not enough of a reminder lol
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby Sam Smythe » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:24 am

If I do make one Wellsy, I will get you round for a taster, just so you can reminisce about being with the Canucks.
What's the only problem with Canadians? Nothing really, it's just that the poor buggers get mistaken for yanks
Sam Smythe

equipment: AirStill

Previous

Return to The Dunder Pit