Glass Bottles

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Glass Bottles

Postby RuddyCrazy » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:58 pm

G'Day Guy's,
Well it is time for me to go and buy some bottles and I'm thinking of 250ml sized ones as 250ml is a good sample size besides my stuff is so nice it is dangerous :laughing-rolling:

Frugle is hopeless as it won't find anything local and every website I've tried won't give a price.

So if you guy's can point me to a mob where I can get then it would be great.

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Re: Glass Bottles

Postby Birdman85 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:04 pm

Make friends with your local barstaff and get them to put there empties aside. You'll get plenty!
Birdman85

equipment: 50L keg boiler, home made modular 2" pot still and CCVM.

Turbo500 (birthday gift)

Postby Wellsy » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:05 am

Maybe increase the size you are going for by a 120 ml mate and reuse your 150 lashes bottles, I suspect you know where to get a good supply of them :teasing-tease:
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby Sam. » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:07 am

To get bottles cheap you really need to buy a literal pallet load.

Once a pallet is opened it won't be shipped again because it's a pain in the arse, that's why most places won't do it unfortunately.
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby FatManDancing » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:18 pm

I have been looking for similar sized bottles and the best I came up with were these

OK, so that did not work. I tried posting the ebay link but they are 250ml bottles from a distillery in Mackay but you have to buy 30 and about 80 bucks inc. shipping

Wanna go halves?
FatManDancing
Site Donor

equipment: 35l mash tun, 35l mash tun/boiler, 50l FSD milk can boiler with one 2400w element, four inch, four plate cheapo glasser W four inch FSD reflux condenser, two inch FSD basic pot and T500

Postby FatManDancing » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:58 pm

Removed by request

Worked this time
Last edited by The Stig on Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
FatManDancing
Site Donor

equipment: 35l mash tun, 35l mash tun/boiler, 50l FSD milk can boiler with one 2400w element, four inch, four plate cheapo glasser W four inch FSD reflux condenser, two inch FSD basic pot and T500

Postby The Stig » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:58 am

Plasdene have a great array of 250ml bottles
https://plasdene.com.au/category-menu/s ... egory_id=0
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby FatManDancing » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:41 pm

For crying out loud!!!

Plasdene even have Christmas tree shaped bottles and they have exactly what I was looking for but I bought these silly bottles that are really used for over priced gin

You know what? I am just gonna consider this a lesson learned and not another soooo stupid moment
FatManDancing
Site Donor

Postby FatManDancing » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:34 pm

Please delete the link to the bottles I posted. They are terrible and I would hate to see some one else get screwed
FatManDancing
Site Donor

Postby The Stig » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:36 pm

Why what happened . I’ll delete but just interested
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby FatManDancing » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:28 am

The tall, narrow and tapered shape makes them top heavy and unstable. When full they will fall over more times than me. Plus each bottle has a spider web like crack in the wall

For the price they are just not worth it. My sincerest apologies to RuddyCrazy for suggesting these
FatManDancing
Site Donor

Postby RC Al » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:52 am

Id be asking for a refund if they are all cracked
Leave a product review too
Evil bay will sort it for you

Bugger em if they are sending out 2nd grade stuff at premium pricing - they were charging a lot for the shipping too
RC Al
Mentor

equipment: 3 plate 4" glasser
2" Potty

Postby FatManDancing » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:09 pm

" Seriously I do not know what you are on about."

Please understand what I say is totally from my perspective, I am sure the seller has a totally different view. That should be clearly evident from the quote I posted above and taken directly from the return email they sent me. In fact it was the first sentence

I can get a refund on the purchase of these bottles but not the shipping and have to spend money to ship them back to the supplier. there is no way that is a positive outcome for me

I really do not like the way this supplier has handled this situation. I have made warranty claims before and usually the supplier has apologised to me for selling a faulty product. It kinda makes me feel bad for even asking for warranty repairs but it helps ensure I continue to buy from them. Hell, my kegerator died after five months and it was replaced with a new one

I am thinking differently about these people. I have never left a negative review before but in this instance I think it is warranted

I again apologise to RuddyCrazy and to all of you for providing information to such a terrible product
FatManDancing
Site Donor

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:47 pm

FatManDancing wrote:" Seriously I do not know what you are on about."

I again apologise to RuddyCrazy

Mate did you read my PM on this subject and if you did stop feelin sorry for yaself or we will have :violence-smack: :violence-smack: :violence-smack: just to get ya sense of right and wrong again :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby FatManDancing » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:02 pm

Sorry

:greetings-waveyellow: :greetings-waveyellow:

I thought I was providing good info and given how much I have taken from this place I was hoping to give something back. I did read your PM and thanks

I was wrong and while that person who sold me the bottles may think I am a jerk, I freaken know they are

Those bottles are in the bin. I would feel bad sending them back only to be dumped(duped) on someone else

I am a firm believer of owning your mistakes, make amends and move on

That does not mean that those mistakes should not be mocked and made fun of :teasing-tease: :teasing-tease:
Last edited by FatManDancing on Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FatManDancing
Site Donor

Postby RC Al » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:11 pm

FatManDancing wrote:That does not mean that those mistakes should not be mocked and made fun of :teasing-tease: :teasing-tease:

It would be un-Australian of us to do otherwise :O)
RC Al
Mentor

equipment: 3 plate 4" glasser
2" Potty

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:29 pm

G'Day Guy's,
Well I rang that mob The Stig suggested and had a chat and when we got talking about the closures IE: bottle tops I was told well for the best presentation a cork seal for spirits is the best by far but they don't have any in stock. So I asked mate when you get them in stock give me a ring and I'll come over for a look at the bottles. The guy said thats sounds like a plan and don't forget to bring a sample as if it's as nice as you say it could mean a good discount :laughing-rolling:
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby Wellsy » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:50 pm

Got to love the barter system
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Return to The Dunder Pit