All Hail Methusulah !

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: All Hail Methusulah !

Postby the Doctor » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:05 pm

catcher wrote:To say I am jealous is an understatement, but you have worked bloody hard to get there, so a massive congratulations sir :-) You are an inspiration :-)

Thank you Catcher...having worked beside you, you are no slouch yourself.
Doc
the Doctor

equipment: 6 plate bubble cap, grain brewery

Postby SX170 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:12 am

A master class could be the opportunity of a lifetime for hobby distillers in Aus.
I personally would jump at this if it goes ahead.
I would be travelling from the NSW south coast so if I could convince the missus to stay home, I would have 3 spare seats and happy to pick people up along the way. (Then again my missus has been supportive and helpfull in my new hobby so she may want to be involved)
Maybe we could also give something back to the Doc for all the advice he has been free with. I am sure we have multiple trades/skills on here that he could use around his place. Hmmmm Distilling class/working bee/couple drinks & a feed at his Restaraunt.

Cheers.
SX170

equipment: Home built bubbler.

Postby dakota » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:34 pm

Id be in too , totally new to distilling and think this would be the perfect way to start
dakota

equipment: None as of yet

Postby CH3CH2OH » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:08 pm

Damn that would be great

Might have to consider a trip across the big pond!!!
CH3CH2OH

equipment: 4" copper 7 plate bubbler with packed section on a 50l boiler

Postby xxWiZarDxx » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:23 pm

I would love to attend a master class... Please, please let me know if/when it goes ahead..
The Doc's setup looks amazing.. ^:)^
Cheers for Now.
xxWiZarDxx

equipment: 2x30 litre fermenters and Turbo 500

Postby Dominator » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:15 pm

I would be keen for master class if it eventuated. I probed the idea with SWMBO and it is a possibility. I would be travelling down from the Sunshine Coast so depending if the missus/young fella came or not I could be interested in car pooling. :handgestures-thumbupleft: Would be a great chance to meet members from the forum too..
Dominator

equipment: 2" Pot Still/Hybrid
4" Perf Plate Bubbler
50L Keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements

All Hail Methusulah !

Postby mr_gt » Tue May 06, 2014 2:10 pm

That is a really impressive setup. Do you have a website we can look at? How is the still going, happy and productive?
mr_gt

equipment: Keggomax FM Reflux Still on 50 litre Keg Boiler

Postby Chips Molasses » Tue May 06, 2014 8:24 pm

I missed this post first time around. What an amazing looking beast. Doc, you seem to be generous with your time and knowledge, very good of you to share. Good luck with your venture.
Chips Molasses

equipment: 2 inch column, pot still 50l gas fired keg boiler. Soon to be 2x 3000w electric.

All Hail Methusulah !

Postby wedwards » Tue May 06, 2014 9:05 pm

With enough notice I would be interested in driving up from Vic - just need to convince the dragon a bit ;)
wedwards

equipment: Reflux still

Postby TheMechwarrior » Wed May 07, 2014 1:00 pm

Looks fanbloodytastic :clap:
TheMechwarrior

equipment: Five Star Distilling 6" neutraliser with
100L boiler

Postby wil » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:44 pm

Hi Doc & Distilling Brethren just found The Doc's Oasis in the New England :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: , & If There is a get together organised (If I haven't already missed one ) I would certainly bust a 50ltr stainless steel keg boiler to get there.
Doc awesome establishment you & Lyn have created,I will certainly go out of my way to let a multitude know of your hideout in thunder bolts old stomping ground.I hope in time (ASAP) it is known to be a must experience destination
Cheers
an almost home distiller & Aussie Distiller forum junky
wil
wil

equipment: 4" FSD Blockhead Neutralizer on a 50L keg boiler with FSD 2400Watt element

Postby the Doctor » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:00 pm

wil wrote:Hi Doc & Distilling Brethren just found The Doc's Oasis in the New England :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: , & If There is a get together organised (If I haven't already missed one ) I would certainly bust a 50ltr stainless steel keg boiler to get there.
Doc awesome establishment you & Lyn have created,I will certainly go out of my way to let a multitude know of your hideout in thunder bolts old stomping ground.I hope in time (ASAP) it is known to be a must experience destination
Cheers
wil

Thank you Wil it was great seeing you, I am glad you enjoyed it mate.
Doc
the Doctor

equipment: 6 plate bubble cap, grain brewery

Postby sp0rk » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:35 pm

I gave the good Doctor a visit over the weekend and left awestruck and with a little bit of his product ;)
I'm planning on doing some adventure riding out that way over the next few months, so I should hopefully be back soon
Thanks again for the extra tastings ;)
sp0rk

equipment: 2.5" pot still
2.5" shotty PC
50L boiler
2.5" Tee Plate Boka
4" 4 plate glass bubbler in the build stage

Postby all-lag » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:47 pm

l would be defiantly be in for the master class,would be a great learning curve for my self,would like to know the dates and time if its a go ahead
all-lag

equipment: Looking at building a 50-100L still i have been using a T500 for over a year and just would like to try it on a bigger scale

Postby wil » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:04 pm

hey Doc I think you have me confused with spork who as per his post was recently at your fine establishment.
But if anything is organised I would also like to know dates if its an open invitation.
Cheers
Wil
wil

equipment: 4" FSD Blockhead Neutralizer on a 50L keg boiler with FSD 2400Watt element

Postby MacStill » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:46 pm

the Doctor wrote:
wil wrote:Hi Doc & Distilling Brethren just found The Doc's Oasis in the New England :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: , & If There is a get together organised (If I haven't already missed one ) I would certainly bust a 50ltr stainless steel keg boiler to get there.
Cheers
wil

Thank you Wil it was great seeing you, I am glad you enjoyed it mate.
Doc

now I'm confused 8-}

must've been a good tasting session :obscene-drinkingdrunk:

:))
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Previous

Return to The Dunder Pit