What's everyone drinking?

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: What's everyone drinking?

Postby BigRig » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:28 pm

Sweet feed whiskey
BigRig

equipment: FSD 4" Mac SSG, 50L Milk Can, 2 x 2400w elements, 35L Digiboil Boiler, Airstill.

Postby Jedstar » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:22 am

Vodka steeped in aloe vera & placed on French Oak...super simple available in the my garden & surprisingly good.
Jedstar

equipment: FSD 4" Visualizer Mk2 with 250mm Packed Section , FSD 50L Milk Can with 2 x 2400W Elements + FSD Controller . FSD 4” Modular Pot that has grown up.

Postby bluc » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:17 am

Jedstar wrote:Vodka steeped in aloe vera & placed on French Oak...super simple available in the my garden & surprisingly good.

Does it taste anything like tequilla?

Be a little cautious when stepping plants in spirits :handgestures-thumbupleft:
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby BigRig » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:50 pm

Sweet Feed Whiskey after doing a couple tpw strips today
BigRig

equipment: FSD 4" Mac SSG, 50L Milk Can, 2 x 2400w elements, 35L Digiboil Boiler, Airstill.

Postby Wellsy » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:03 pm

On the Irish reds tonight

Will switch to the BWKo in a little while
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby RuddyCrazy » Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:24 pm

At lunch time brought home a bag of ice to cool my homebrew beer and 2 hours later each longneck had a ring around it :scared-eek: Now as my shed is around 30C going in ice is a huge job to cool in a short time when the esky isn't full of ice. :angry-banghead:

So when I picked up my daughter got another bag of ice and a couple of hours later ice cold beer finally :obscene-drinkingchug:

Also decanted another bottle of my single malt as a bottle aint lasting that long :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Checked the plum ferment and it's down to 1001 :handgestures-thumbupleft: and still bubbling so it won't be this weekend for the run.

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby Wellsy » Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:05 pm

On the Irish red ale again, barrel is almost empty so thought I would try and finish it lol
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:24 pm

Well had 5 of my longnecks last night had a small sleep in and no hangover :handgestures-thumbupleft:

So more ice and a Saturday night finally as I was busy in my shed drinking longnecks :obscene-drinkingchug:

Came up with an idea :doh: on Thursday got these potted cores out of that grid tie inverter and just had to see what was inside :scared-eek: Well some very nice choke cores :laughing-rolling:

cores.jpg

Then used some 6x3mm copper wire and wound the choke now the longnecks gave a good pull and it didn't turn out too shabby :laughing-rolling:

choke.jpg

didn't get the ends the same but 10.5 turns and it should holdup to 100 amps on that MTTP I'm making and with all those adds on FB about solar deals NOT one will come with my demands :laughing-rolling: bugger your grid tie contraptions I just want the panels :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Cheers Bryan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby Wellsy » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:33 pm

BWKo with rye, very much my go to drink :)
Wellsy

Postby howard » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:11 pm

Wellsy wrote:On the Irish red ale again, barrel is almost empty so thought I would try and finish it lol

are you making that 'screwys red ale' from way back?

tonight is a few gins, one 11 months the other 7 months old.
stock levels are good :handgestures-thumbupleft:
howard

equipment: 35l brewzilla
2" modular CM
gin caddy
changeover element switch and voltage controller on brewzillas 1900w element.
5L glass boiler/glass leibig

Postby Wellsy » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:56 am

howard wrote:
Wellsy wrote:On the Irish red ale again, barrel is almost empty so thought I would try and finish it lol

No mate I ended up using David Heath’s recipe. I had actually forgotten you sent me one so I might dig it out when I do my next red ale :)
Wellsy

Postby howard » Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:33 am

Wellsy wrote:
howard wrote:

No mate I ended up using David Heath’s recipe. I had actually forgotten you sent me one so I might dig it out when I do my next red ale :)

:handgestures-thumbupleft:
very similar, screwy's has a 1% choc malt.
that david heath has great videos and info.
howard

equipment: 35l brewzilla
2" modular CM
gin caddy
changeover element switch and voltage controller on brewzillas 1900w element.
5L glass boiler/glass leibig

Postby RuddyCrazy » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:54 pm

Went and had a look at my beer stocks and it does look like this weekend will finish the batch :obscene-drinkingdrunk: Only 9 longnecks left :scared-eek: but I do have another ferment that's close to finished so run my still for the first this year and may aswell have a Friday night :obscene-drinkingchug:

As living with all girls my Friday night is me and the net :laughing-rolling: Now the thing I like about my beer is no hangover in the morning :handgestures-thumbupleft:

So next weekend back onto the pales and hangovers :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby BigRig » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:09 pm

Hawkers berry kettle sour
BigRig

Postby Wellsy » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:32 pm

BWKO with added rye, this stuff is definitely my go to.
Got about a 6 bottles of commercial stuff but would rather drink this as I enjoy the taste
Thanks guys for helping me discover the options
Wellsy

Postby BigRig » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:47 pm

Wellsy wrote:BWKO with added rye, this stuff is definitely my go to.
Got about a 6 bottles of commercial stuff but would rather drink this as I enjoy the taste

What's your recipe for the bwko + rye ? Is it malted?
BigRig

Postby Jedstar » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:08 am

bluc wrote:
Jedstar wrote:Vodka steeped in aloe vera & placed on French Oak...super simple available in the my garden & surprisingly good.

Does it taste anything like tequilla?

Bluc, no it tastes nothing like tequila, because nothing but tequila tastes like tequila, however it is a lovely drop in and of itself.
Jedstar

equipment: FSD 4" Visualizer Mk2 with 250mm Packed Section , FSD 50L Milk Can with 2 x 2400W Elements + FSD Controller . FSD 4” Modular Pot that has grown up.

Postby Wellsy » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:46 pm

BigRig wrote:
Wellsy wrote:BWKO with added rye, this stuff is definitely my go to.

What's your recipe for the bwko + rye ? Is it malted?

I swap out the wheat for malted rye mate. Got some unmalted rye so will be trying that this year :), and every couple of generations I will put in some wheat to get the mouth feel it gives
Wellsy

Postby BigRig » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:30 pm

Having a rum whilst filling a keg. Snuck up on me but my first batch is having its 2nd birthday today. :laughing-rolling:
BigRig

Postby BigRig » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:26 pm

Rum n coke.
BigRig

PreviousNext

Return to The Dunder Pit