What's everyone drinking?

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: What's everyone drinking?

Postby hjubm2 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:20 pm

Started on 2 year old single malt then switches to a blend of single malt & rye whiskey & now on a blend of single malt & apple brandy... surprisingly good...
hjubm2

equipment: 130L Jacketed Boiler w 4" Pot Still, 4" Glass Bubbler

Postby Wellsy » Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:49 pm

Away from home so no BWKO for me lol.
Sipping on crown royal canadian whisky, my go to drink over here. $30:00 for 700ml you can’t go wrong lol
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby harold01 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:06 pm

Sitting under Wellsys house drinking BWKO.
harold01
Site Donor

equipment: 4'' reflux

Postby Yonder » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:22 pm

A nice, young all grain whiskey at 46 Abv from the fridge at 40 F. A little at a time.
Yonder

equipment: 10 gal copper pot w/doubler and a lot of enthusiasm

Postby The Stig » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:29 pm

Lemsip x_x
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby RuddyCrazy » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:19 pm

Well waiting for a email for work has been a slow process and I have been thinking about Fishing mam for a few weeks so here it is.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby RuddyCrazy » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:59 pm

1fishingman.jpg

a Better pic showing the rod and reel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby Wellsy » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:04 am

harold01 wrote:Sitting under Wellsys house drinking BWKO.

What do you think Harold, is it any good. Remember free drinks always taste better so you better adjust your pallet for that :text-lol:
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby Scamp » Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:54 pm

Sipping on my first batch of BWKO, 10 months old aged on heavy toast. Very drinkable at the moment and think it will only get better with more time, luckily I still have 5 more litres of 65% still ageing.
Scamp

equipment: FSD 4" Mod Pot
50L Milk Can Boiler

Postby Wellsy » Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:08 pm

Still on the Canadian crown royals :)
Wellsy

Postby harold01 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:52 pm

still on Wellsys BWKO
harold01
Site Donor

Postby MattSmith » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:17 am

Lately it's been some month old 56% Macrum whitedog. It's surprisingly drinkable as it is. I have some small samples on French and American medium that I'm trying to resist as long as possible as well as some bigger quantities tucked away.
MattSmith
Site Donor

equipment: FSD 50L Milk Can
FSD 4" pot (3" PC) with packed section & RC
Still Spirits Air Still

Postby BigRig » Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:57 pm

I have to drink some of my own bwko, harold01 has finished Wellsy's and didn't leave any :teasing-neener:
BigRig

equipment: FSD 4" Mac SSG, 50L Milk Can, 2 x 2400w elements, 35L Digiboil Boiler, Airstill.

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:11 pm

BigRig wrote:I have to drink some of my own bwko, harold01 has finished Wellsy's and didn't leave any :teasing-neener:

Must of gotten to Wellsy's before you mate as one taste :puke-huge: and i had to throw the lot down the drain :laughing-rolling: anyway got a nice glass still to see how long I can brake it and send it back before he gets home :scared-eek:
sipping on a few pale longnecks and got my hipflask handy which will soon need a refill :handgestures-thumbupleft:
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby Wellsy » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:52 am

Pool party here today then start packing everything up tomorrow to start the process of returning.
Not sure I want to come back to the winter climates
Still sipping, well guzzling the crown royal, while I can
Wellsy

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:18 pm

Well went up my shed this arvo and decided to see if I could make some magic smoke by connecting up that shed inverter that failed last week :scared-eek: To my surprise one small fault and then all good the lights came on :handgestures-thumbupleft: So for something built back in '04 to still be working and overcoming faults is something missing in todays products.

So with a bit of light straight into my chilli brandy which just such a nice drop and later going to charge up my hip flask with some Bliss :obscene-drinkingchug: the name I gave my Aussie Ouzo :laughing-rolling:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby BigRig » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:38 pm

The moment when you drink your own stuff but don't know its your stuff. Had dinner and drinks at the brother in laws. After a couple beers, he brings out the spirits - the good stuff. "Hey bro that rum is really good, so smooth." Yeah mate it's yours. FMD.
BigRig

equipment: FSD 4" Mac SSG, 50L Milk Can, 2 x 2400w elements, 35L Digiboil Boiler, Airstill.

Postby Wellsy » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:57 pm

I am home again and enjoying several glasses of BWKO. Hmmmm
Wellsy

Postby harold01 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:41 pm

I left you some
harold01
Site Donor

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:59 pm

Well decided to finish off some projects thats taking up all my shed space :angry-banghead: the keg marriage has gone outside for a clean in the rain :laughing-rolling:

And that 6" Jaw Crusher was in my sites :ugeek: Went and found that hydraulic motor I got decades ago and found man this one will be good enough to sack that old 10hp honda that leaks oil over time and the auto start went long ago. So yea fit that hydraulic motor :laughing-rolling: first we need a mounting plate 100x10mm flat bar and as the boss of the motor needed a 82.5mm hole to sit time to fire up the mill :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Well dickhead should of oiled it first :angry-banghead: as when I chucked it in low range no go :angry-banghead:

that was it time for a few drams and well the Plum, Quince and the last of my bottle of AG :angry-banghead:

This morning the mill worked a treat and half an hour later job done so time to work on the pulley for the hydraulic motor, got all the measurements of the taper and got the calc only to find those grey cells were kicking in and it was 50 years ago I last did this :o So got a ball park off my vernier angle gauge and got maching on my toolroom lathe that hadn't been used in yonks. Well worked a treat so it was time to put the keyway in which took about an hour. The pulley once locked on the taper was rock solid and one happy chappy.

So a new bottle of 2nd gen AG was decanted also a litre bottle of my Bliss which is by far my favorite drop. So tonight sucking on some pales and a new hip flask of Bliss.

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to The Dunder Pit