Looking for work

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: Looking for work

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:00 pm

Well what a ( if I am allowed to swear on this forum ( a fucking joke) where I introduce a guy to distilling and as he says he owns a business I'm treating like a pauper :angry-banghead: just got a text no work tomorrow so thats no work since Thursday so tomorrow pick up my tools and try to be civil.

Eh lets put this off as as a bad joke where I did the right thing and YOU just sat there so anymore dealing with me can be done via this forum and IF you want my services for distilling just listen to what I told you
To say mate put yourself in my shoes where I'm sure you say uck off I'm not doing that so why throw it my way.

Honestly a note to other members if someone contacts you it may not be the best deal and infact a lead up the garden path where your service is treated like a slave honestly mate I can make more money just working at a servo rather than the tradie I was as it will pay more money. Yes Harold01 I'm looking at you as you are the one that got me into this mess.

A not happy Jan

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby RuddyCrazy » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:33 pm

Well had a good holiday and SWMBO turned into SWWBO :laughing-rolling: Saw this add on farcebook so clicked on it next thing my phone beeped. Well the rest is history :laughing-rolling: first job got asked 4x10 hour shifts or 5x 8 hour so I chose the 4 day route. Worked for 2 weeks then an old work mate started and got told work for $80 an hour flat rate or else, chose not too and took 4K for 2 weeks work. Not long after got a 3 week shutdown at Mt Isa where took home 8K.

Had 2 days off and started a job at Menz for 2 days and the next week onto night shift and @$71.50 an hour one can soon become a night guy. Pay is gross 3K a week so my plan of a 10 K tax refund is well on the way.

So life is a beach........ :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby RuddyCrazy » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:19 pm

Well 10 weeks has gone by and honestly some days I do get my wires crossed as it is a day later :scared-eek: thats what nightshift does to a bloke and very soon they are going to offer me a full time position and get a big shock. :laughing-rolling:

Been told I can expect an income where the gross is going to less than what I'm currently taking home :scared-eek: Now if they I'm going to be a good serf and agree to it they have another thing coming. Simply I'm sick of nightshift as things do need to get done so with what they do offer I can get more just working day shift and I have asked to get back onto the shutdown crew.

Got woken up this morning at 10am :angry-banghead: with a call from child services where I was told i had to pay 2K to get upfront and I spat my coffee out and said fuck you take me to court and hung up. :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Well went and paid the rates $500 and thought about it so rang them back and SWWBO is going to get less than I've giving her and that 2K debt well the bitch ain't going to double dip and it's all worked out. So when it asks for cash again it will be sorry you have been paid already :laughing-rolling:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby RuddyCrazy » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:12 pm

Well this week I decided to get a place in town and man it was fun last Sunday finding one but as always my daughter came up with one :handgestures-thumbupleft: So after the first I did manage to get a 2nd week in so paid duly for the next week. Got a call this arvo where they said they will put my key in the safe box and send me the code so on after my Sunday nighshift O can crash after 10 minute drive from work.

Not sure if the Menz mints had anything to do with it but I am the their nightshift pig and next weeks room will be in a quiet area, got each each week they will send the code for the safe box so it does look like I'm down the hill for work and back for the weekend where i will do what I want to do. So no more house chores as yes the marriage is over but my ex wife will live here until it dies. So now got 2 old race horses a ex Adelaide Zoo cow and ex miss's to keep :scared-eek: Well the stock are free to roam and $100 week is more than child care so I told it to get over it :laughing-rolling:

I'm setting up my tax year so I can get a 10K return now with my tractor I can get a 8K tradein and I should have enough cash to cover the balance of 30K for new 45HP tractor with all the biscuits :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Then i can start the move out the back of the farm, first off the bat will be the bore as I do have my own aquifer :handgestures-thumbupleft: and a plan for a shed whist I'll build myself as I do intend to do that test to become a builder so I can make what I want to develop the back of my land.

My intention is to dig a dam where fault line is and try my luck on the other fault where I make the under ground room so ferments can stay at the same temp in winter and eh if I do find gold the world is my oyster :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:58 pm

Well this week I got told they do want to make me permanent and the guy's are saying mate go your hardest as we all are on individual contracts, I did tell the guy the only reason I have stayed is the money and if you think you can drop the rate I'm well forget it where I was told well Bryan hear me out then offer suggestions. So this $396 a week for my room will come into the equation as I'm only doing it for this job.

Now they do insist a 6 month probation period on casual wages and most of the guy's when this period expires they simply stay casual, now the probation period do give sickies, annual leave and the rest so the rate I end up on may be greater than I'm on now.

Only got 2 weeks and the rates are paid off so yes it is time to talk with the planning dept about me sinking a bore and putting up a shed I design and make myself. I'm also going to talk about the disparity of developers and the farm owner about restrictions on dividing land as I have gone thru the exercise and honestly 400K will go along way to setting me up.

After the bore and shed my next task will be electric fences, now I will have around 3K to do so this won't be a small exercise, but buy doing each paddock at a time will make the job easier :handgestures-thumbupleft: why you ask well cows will go thru any fence and I'm going into beef cattle just so it can put meat on the table and pay all the fee's for the farm in time.

Looked at my super today and by my birthday should have close to 200K so that will make the farm freehold and with me moving out the back to start my new life 6 months of nightshift can go along way to making this happen.

By hook or buy crook I'm going to be an excise payer and if my products suit the market my 5-10 year plan is in place. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I do know my meeting with the planning dept is going to be a good one :laughing-rolling:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby Yonder » Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:30 pm

By God Ruddy, wishin’ you all the luck in the world. Hope it works out for ya. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Yonder

equipment: 10 gal copper pot w/doubler and a lot of enthusiasm

Postby CJCM45 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:46 pm

Whats your trade Ruddy?
My mob looking for fulltime nightshift elec,12 hour shifts 7 day fortnight.
Plenty time to work on farm.
CJ
CJCM45

equipment: 50L SS keg reflux/pot still

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:51 pm

CJCM45 wrote:Whats your trade Ruddy?
My mob looking for fulltime nightshift elec,12 hour shifts 7 day fortnight.
Plenty time to work on farm.
CJ

Mate I'm a old school Mechy Fitter/machinist/welder where tig welding is fun on the eyes but I still get there. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby hjubm2 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:56 pm

As long as your still able to help with all the fun projects & keep some land to put bees on mate, mead/honey spirit would make a great addition to your product line ;-)
hjubm2

equipment: 130L Jacketed Boiler w 4" Pot Still, 4" Glass Bubbler

Postby RuddyCrazy » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:24 pm

G'Day Guy's,
Well this week they asked me if I wanted to go fulltime and when I was told the rate I laughed and said is that all your offering :laughing-rolling: I said well I'd prefer to stay casual as I told you the only reason I've stayed is the money so I'll stay the same for now and basically the start of August I'll finish or sooner but you need to find my replacement so your not put out. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Yea when he told me the gross wage I said mate that $150 below what I'm taking home :laughing-rolling: where he told me well mate where we have gone thru quite a few guy's in the past we can't fault the work you do infact the place is better with you around. So the the package for nightshift is about 110K and after I'll see in 3 months just how my yearly gross and tax paid are going as this year I'm going for a 10K + tax return :laughing-rolling: Now as I found after working a public holiday I only get about $500 extra on my pay and the rest is going in the tax I'll get back in time for my birthday. :laughing-rolling:

I did ask my old work mate who is my boss about the next public holiday which is the week after next if I will be required to start on the Sunday night and he well as they are working on the Monday yes you will mate and they may be overtime for you too. So double time and a half gets me a cool $176 an hour and I'm generally making stuff for myself on the lathe and mill :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

I'm also onto my laborhire mob to get me back into shutdowns and I do reckon this mob will give me the time off to go do them.

Afterall for my 60th birthday present I'm buying a brandnew 45HP tractor with all the fruit for 30K and the rock breaker will cost a bit more, now depending on the price I may endup just making one myself :laughing-rolling:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Previous

Return to The Dunder Pit