Find of the year(so far) Blue Lake Milling

This area is for recipes that are not yet proven, use this area for experiments, recipe research and development of your own variations. Once a recipe is accepted as being good by the consensus it will be moved to the proven section.

Find of the year(so far) Blue Lake Milling

Postby bt1 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:05 pm

kk,

So I'm based in SA and finally found a premium maker of all the grain types/grinds i could ever want in pack sizes that makes me tremble and it's pure quality.

No feedstore avg quality that's been sprayed with shit knows what...

check the pack sizing...lovely....

Dam friendly mob as a bonus..plenty of distributors I'm assured. If your keen to upgrade to organic/food grade( vs. stock or lower) worth an email for sure.

http://www.bluelakemilling.com.au/products.shtml

bt1
bt1

equipment: 2 x Glass Bubblers, 5 plate 89mm & 6 plate 110mm
4" 6 plate copper bubbler, 500mm copper packed section
Several pots, custom boiler
14 keg rotating brew setup, fermentation & dispenser fridges.

Re: Find of the year(so far) Blue Lake Milling

Postby crow » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:53 pm

Yes bt but just down the road you and laucke mills in Gawler which is most likely the best mill in the southern hemisphere Blue lake mills is/was in Mt Gambia . Anyway if ya can grow it ya can bet laucke's mill it give them a call and unless thing have changed they had every variety of every grain going , whole , crushed , rolled or milled . I have to go back to SA in a week or 2 thinking of getting a couple of sacks of rye off them while I'm there Edit right that will teach me to post without reading , well they were . Bordertown and Dimmy eh thats who bought the show at Dimboola ah know ppl who work there #-o
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Re: Find of the year(so far) Blue Lake Milling

Postby R-sole » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:13 am

One of my favourites back when i was doing the experimenting you guys are now was triticale. It has a spicy taste to it that is better to me than all the other grains. I see they offer it rolled.
I found it quite easy to cook and sparge while i was using it cracked, would love to have a cheap source of rolled trit.

It's a cross of barley and wheat that is more than the sum of it's components.
R-sole

equipment: Keg based pot stiller. 3" vm for occasionally making product for macerations and redistillation.

Return to Recipe Development