Vodka Cruiser ???

This area is for recipes that are not yet proven, use this area for experiments, recipe research and development of your own variations. Once a recipe is accepted as being good by the consensus it will be moved to the proven section.

Vodka Cruiser ???

Postby Linny » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:51 pm

How would you go about making vodka cruisers , yes i know vodka/neutral ... and flavour , but would you just use lemonade and a good quality cordial ? wiki says theyre 4.8% ABV

Misses used to drink these before they got expensive, and i think this is the foot in the door to get her being "supportive" :teasing-neener:

would be good if i can get close to the flavour
Linny

equipment: 4 Plate 3" Glass Bubbler - 50L Boiler
50L BIAB Temp Controlled Mash Tun

3" Carter Head Soon to Come

Re: Vodka Cruiser ???

Postby crow » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:09 pm

try Bickfords for quality cordials if ya want to copy the vodka leave the heads in and perhaps top up 20% with cheap Moselle or passion pop for bubbles :teasing-tease:
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby Lowndsey » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:29 pm

Buy a corny keg. Couple bottles of cordial...some vodka and some water...18L of cruisers. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Lowndsey

equipment: 2" Bokka

Vodka Cruiser ???

Postby Lupus » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:03 pm

Out of curiosity, how well do spirits hold carbonation?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Lupus

equipment: Total N00bie with lst to learn

Postby crow » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:39 pm

well.....buy a can of premix shake it up and open it in the car and you'll find out :)) :)) :))
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Vodka Cruiser ???

Postby Urrazeb » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:42 pm

I don't think it's the spirit that holds the carb, the mixer will. I have never had tap spirits at my place but have had pre-mix kegged spirits before (rum n coke) and they're good!

Maybe a soda stream? For smaller amounts, rather than having 18l of one flavour. You will just have to play around with it, ribena would make a good black currant flavour!
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

Postby crow » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:46 pm

Urrazeb wrote:I don't think it's the spirit that holds the carb, the mixer will. I have never had tap spirits at my place but have had pre-mix kegged spirits before (rum n coke) and they're good!

Maybe a soda stream? For smaller amounts, rather than having 18l of one flavour. You will just have to play around with it, ribena would make a good black currant flavour!

yep i reckon one of those soda stream units would be ideal :handgestures-thumbupleft:
crow

Vodka Cruiser ???

Postby BackyardBrewer » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:47 am

Priming up fizzy flavours with a soda stream and adding vodka/neutral would give you a pretty close to commercial product. High end cordials and soda stream would leave most people convinced you'd given them the best voddy cruiser of their life!
BackyardBrewer
Site Donor

equipment: Solid Copper Love Machine (Plated column bubbler), hand made with love by a forum member
50L keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements
PURE distilling Reflux still + a tonne of homebrew gear amassed over 10 years of brewing.

Postby Goldie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:28 pm

croweater wrote:try Bickfords for quality cordials if ya want to copy the vodka leave the heads in and perhaps top up 20% with cheap Moselle or passion pop for bubbles :teasing-tease:

Sounds about right to me! Passion pop haha! Thanks for the laugh Crow
Goldie

equipment: 4" four perf plate column on a 100lt SS boiler, 2" Pot Still on 50lt keg boiler

Return to Recipe Development