Special Dunder rum

This area is for recipes that are not yet proven, use this area for experiments, recipe research and development of your own variations. Once a recipe is accepted as being good by the consensus it will be moved to the proven section.

Special Dunder rum

Postby bear74 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:28 pm

after all this rum I had been doing I had made a dunder pit and it bubbled away happily with a shitty white mould cap growing over it for months, I had accumulated some 60L of head/tails also. so while waiting for my UJSM take-off to ferment I ran a special batch of rum using the heads/tails which was 65% and diluted it using the dunder to 40% then distilled keeping strict cuts. I just kept adding the heads/tails from each consecutive run back into the run until I didn't have enough to do a full charge. I ended up with 30L of 70% which has been on toasted charred oak for a month now and have had several sessions over the last couple days using this stuff. this stuff has turned out frickin lovely to put it mildly :handgestures-thumbupleft: if anyone has enough head/tails and a dunder pit I urge them to give this a go as it is well worth it and should be part of the tried and proven section :handgestures-thumbupleft: :happy-partydance:
after a month diluted to 40% for drinkin, certainly looks the part :happy-partydance:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bear74

equipment: handmade copper pot and parrot,
50L keg and element
220L fermentors

Re: Special Dunder rum

Postby SBB » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Interesting you posted this today Bear, I was reading this yesterday written by "Hook" another keen rum distiller, It might interest you I think.
Ive never tried the dunder pit thing but the more i read the more Im interested.
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 40&t=37395
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby bear74 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:04 pm

haven't been over there for a while but will have a gander, cheers!
bear74

50L keg and element
220L fermentors

Postby Brendan » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:21 pm

Last time I put a link to this site, over there, I near got shot and banned :o

Good to see we have an open mind, and welcome dissemination of information :clap:
Brendan

equipment: 4.99L Essential oil extractor

Postby bear74 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:23 pm

THE DARK SIDE of the force :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
bear74

50L keg and element
220L fermentors

Return to Recipe Development