Easter rush

This area is for recipes that are not yet proven, use this area for experiments, recipe research and development of your own variations. Once a recipe is accepted as being good by the consensus it will be moved to the proven section.

Re: Easter rush

Postby Distillnation » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:33 pm

I'm hoping to make up for it on my 2 days off before Friday. Get some progress done. Maybe do a road trip.
Distillnation

equipment: L.M Frankenstill + 50L (weldless) electric boiler

Postby Jonno » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:37 pm

I was supposed to do a run last weekend so i could have another 200L wash ready to run this weekend. When your drinking stocks get up thou it makes it hard to do runs :laughing-rolling:

But hopefully i run this batch of uj through and should have me good for the year :handgestures-thumbupleft: just gotta get a few more runs and start letting age and get around to it next year :happy-partydance:
Jonno

Postby bt1 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:59 pm

OK you recipe gurus,

We need a good recipe for a chocy drink, thick, lush, creamy, on icecream ?, with cream?, Ice slurries either plain or fruit, subtle, smooth, breakfast, lunch and tea type one as a replacement for easter eggs...get thinking!

bt1
bt1

equipment: 2 x Glass Bubblers, 5 plate 89mm & 6 plate 110mm
4" 6 plate copper bubbler, 500mm copper packed section
Several pots, custom boiler
14 keg rotating brew setup, fermentation & dispenser fridges.

Easter rush

Postby BackyardBrewer » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:06 pm

Bt1 : caramello vodka:
http://1heckofaguy.com/2006/04/18/chocolodka/

Seriously magic. Ignore his dishwasher instructions, go the double boiler Bain Maire method.

Chill after mixing and skim any milk solids off and filter through coffee filters if needed.

This is a KNOCK OUT choc shot. Cannot recommend it highly enough. It's like alcoholic caramello vodka shots. If you do it once you'll never look back.

But watch the waste line, shit is full of calories.
BackyardBrewer
Site Donor

equipment: Solid Copper Love Machine (Plated column bubbler), hand made with love by a forum member
50L keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements
PURE distilling Reflux still + a tonne of homebrew gear amassed over 10 years of brewing.

Postby pocket » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:11 pm

Sweet Easter to all
Been stripping a 200lt TPW for a couple of days ready for the 3 drips per second drip :happy-partydance:
Working on a Mc Rum, Apple Pie, Kahlua.
Some pretty good proofs been coming out of some small runs still testing
Time for my first real spirit run this Easter here.. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Cheers for the thread bt1
Later pocket
pocket

equipment: 3" Colum SS reflux

Postby SBB » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:55 pm

pocket wrote:ready for the 3 drips per second drip :happy-partydance:

A 3 inch reflux column should be able to get along a bit quicker than that. :?
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby emptyglass » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:59 pm

Best recipie I can come up with for easter

Rabbit stew with onions.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
emptyglass

Postby Hill » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:15 pm

I'm going for gold this week end looking at brewing a beer, running 2 still sessions, making a mead, also taking a day at rotto on the mrs folks boat, getting a Sunday session in and I'm pretty sure I can come up with a few other things as well.

Can't wait :D
Hill

equipment: 5 Plate Bubbler with 600mm rock section
4800w 50l boiler
120l Herms brewery
fermenting Chamber

Postby tipsy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:19 am

BackyardBrewer wrote:Bt1 : caramello vodka:

Seriously magic. Ignore his dishwasher instructions, go the double boiler Bain Maire method.

Chill after mixing and skim any milk solids off and filter through coffee filters if needed.

This is a KNOCK OUT choc shot. Cannot recommend it highly enough. It's like alcoholic caramello vodka shots. If you do it once you'll never look back.

That link should be in the recipe section so I can find it again. My missus would love me to make that.
tipsy

equipment: 4" Mac 4 with packed section and gin basket on a 50lt boiler with 2 2400w FSD elements.

Postby tipsy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:20 am

haha I just relised it was :angry-banghead:
tipsy

equipment: 4" Mac 4 with packed section and gin basket on a 50lt boiler with 2 2400w FSD elements.

Easter rush

Postby BackyardBrewer » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:50 am

I did a 2litre flagon of this for shots at a party. Not a drop left by 11pm, guys and girls were quaffing this. It has an almost baileys like quality but thicker and richer because of the caramel.

tipsy wrote:
BackyardBrewer wrote:Bt1 : caramello vodka:

That link should be in the recipe section so I can find it again. My missus would love me to make that.
BackyardBrewer
Site Donor

equipment: Solid Copper Love Machine (Plated column bubbler), hand made with love by a forum member
50L keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements
PURE distilling Reflux still + a tonne of homebrew gear amassed over 10 years of brewing.

Postby unsub » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:30 am

I plan on running the extended bubbler to try and make some vodka and then gin. Added a 500mm packed section, botanicals holder, extended the plumbing, converted to gas and a water tank + pump set up. I've had to move it out to the garage because it's to tall now :shock:

Oh I will also probably be driving 3 hours each way to pick up some bloody 18gal keg I bid on while drunk :violence-smack:
unsub

equipment: 4" 5 Plate Column

Postby bt1 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:37 pm

gee Un,

You've been bloody busy...

I really really really would like to here about your Gins... It's become an obsession...the making not the drinking...there's just bloody endless variations and just about all are winners..
Light citrus
Heavy citrus
BBS clone
Big robust beasts like Tanqueray
Gordons clones
bitters
sweets
Dill/ Cardomon
Local florals

I've a 3 pepper Gin variation that's a bloody killer ...distinct but very soft and dry ..tonic, lime and ice slurry vs. cubes...bloody enjoyable

bt1
bt1

equipment: 2 x Glass Bubblers, 5 plate 89mm & 6 plate 110mm
4" 6 plate copper bubbler, 500mm copper packed section
Several pots, custom boiler
14 keg rotating brew setup, fermentation & dispenser fridges.

Postby kiwikeg » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:05 pm

Well I am 24hrs now into my easter break.
Got the hangi down finally at 430pm today.
Finally settling down with a Kilkenny or three while it cooks.
Got 200l of bwko to strip plus another 50l keg of low wines that lot will finnally fill my 50l keg of bourbon hearts for long term aging.
Did a load of scrub cutting in the back yard a few more days work will get me a nice secluded distilling shed and firewood for the winter.
Got to go now and have another cold one....
kiwikeg

equipment: Fsd bubbler

Postby googe » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:15 pm

Bloody hell kiwi, havnt had a hangi in years!!, its hot to be my favorite way of eating food, I just love em!!. Will be hassling the inlaws to do one when we move over there!. Sounds like the perfect way to start your easter, enjoy mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:
googe

Postby Cane Toad » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:39 pm

Well that's it!!! UnZud will never be the same again :snooty: Here comes Googe :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby googe » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:36 pm

Haha, if I ever start saying frudge or sux, please give me a upper cut cupcake :laughing-rolling:
googe

Postby MacStill » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:57 pm

googe wrote:Haha, if I ever start saying frudge or sux, please give me a upper cut cupcake :laughing-rolling:

Do we have to get in line ?
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby emptyglass » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:41 pm

Well I got a bourbon run down tonight. Not in a state to care about the other runs I was going to do.
The slivovitz can wait till another day, as can the rum (I need molasses and sugar to continue with that)

Happy easter.

I hope the easter bunny bought you fertility and good hooch.
emptyglass

Previous

Return to Recipe Development